- 7 pounds Louisiana green plums (cored and quartered)
- 3 green bell peppers (thinly sliced)
- 8 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 6 yellow onions (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup Kosher salt
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cup ice
- 8 ounces soft, spreadable cheese (fresh goat cheese or boursin work well)
- 1 package pork rinds
- 1 bunch scallions (thinly sliced)
- Leah's Praline Sauce
Mix the plums, bell peppers, garlic, and onions in a perforated bowl or pan. Sprinkle salt over the mixture and mix well. Allow the drain for 2 hours.
While allowing the produce mixture to drain, combine cider vinegar, white sugar, mustard seed, celery seed, and cloves in a pot. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and add 1 cup of ice, and allow to cool slightly.
Once both are cool, combine the vinegar and plum mixtures within an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator until use.
Spread cheese over prepared pork rinds, and bake at 350 degrees for five minutes. Top with pickled plums, sliced scallions and Leah's Praline Sauce.