On September 20, 2016, Whole Foods Market on Broad Street to host NOLA EV Day with bicycle workshop & ride and eco-friendly fair.
As part of National Drive Electric Week and in coordination with New Orleans City Council, Southeast Louisiana Clean Fuel Partnership, EV-LA, Whole Foods Market and ReFresh Project will host a day to celebrate NOLA Electric Vehicle (EV) Day, resources, alternative energies and creative repurposing. Planned activities include:
- Bike Easy bicycle repair workshop from 10 to 11 a.m. (followed by a Lafitte Greenway bike tour)
- 11 a.m. rooftop press conference with Councilwoman LaToya Cantrell
- Complimentary refreshments and entertainment
- Alternative energy technologies with Solar Alternatives
- Electronics recycling
- Return of glass recycling at Broad Street
- Composting workshops
- Repurposing with The Green Project (including paint recycling)
- EV charging demonstrations
- Sustainability with Global Green
Admission is free, but early registration is encouraged at the event website.
September 10, 2016 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
Location: Whole Foods Market | 300 N. Broad Street, New Orleans
Admission: Free admission.
Event website: nolaevday2016.eventbrite.com