Farm to Table: Chefs Taste Challenge
On August 19, 2016, ten chefs will compete in the Farm2Table Chefs Taste Challenge. The chefs, who hail from across the nation, will compete to create the best dish that utilizes farm-fresh items from a pantry of seasonal ingredients donated by state agricultural departments.
Chefs will create their recipe using these ingredients selected in the draft:
* Nicholas Calias (The Colonnade Hotel & Brasserie Jo, Boston, MA)
- Whole Amberjack, Lentils, Yellow Squash
* Henry Chandler (Henry’s Louisiana Grill, Acworth, GA)
- Beef – Inside Round, Mushrooms, Chick Peas
* Eric Cook (The American Sector, New Orleans, LA)
- Whole White Gulf Shrimp, Praline Rum, Green Squash
* Mark Henry (Brother Luck Street Eats, Colorado Springs, CO)
- Wild Boar, Nectarines, Chili Peppers
* Clint Jolly (Great Thyme Catering, Reno, NV)
- Alligator Meat, Sweet Corn, Potatoes
* Alexa Lemley (240sweet Artisan Foodworks, Columbus, IN)
- Whole Speckled Trout, Whiskey, Cottage Cheese
* Leonardo Maurelli, III (Ariccia Trattoria at The Hotel at University of Auburn, Auburn, AL)
- Cubed Beef, Peaches, Romano Cheese
* Chef Plum (Plumluvfoods, Newtown, CT)
- Baby Black Drum, Sea Asparagus, Pecans
* David Ruiz (Pueblo Harvest Café, Albuquerque, NM)
- Chicken Thighs, Blue Corn, Ginger Syrup
* Lee Anne Wong (KH Restaurants, Honolulu, HI)
- Quail, Hearts of Palm, Mayhaw Jelly
The event will be emceed by Chef Kevin Belton of the New Orleans School of Cooking and the PBS show “New Orleans Cooking with Kevin Belton.” Participating chefs’ dishes will be judged by a panel of industry-renowned judges.
Tickets start at $129 and include tastings of the menus prepared by the competing chefs, wine/beer pairings, souvenir wine glass, and a voting card to determine a “fan favorite” dish.
Upgraded experiences and sponsorships are also available. The “Foodie” level is $189 per person or $1,295 for a table of eight, and includes all benefits mentioned above, plus a seated dining option overlooking the chef stations, early access to food and wine, admittance to a special VIP section with exclusive beverage service, starter glass of champagne, and a chef or wine connoisseur to guide the tasting experience.
Limited tickets are also available for the “Gourmet” experience, which is $599 per person and includes all of the “Foodie” level benefits, plus the opportunity to assist one competing chef with food preparation, a special announcement of sponsorship at the event, and a sponsor listing on the Farm to Table conference website and show guide.
Date: August 19, 2016 6:30 PM-9:00 PM
Location: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center | New Orleans, LA
Admission: Tickets start at $129/person.
Event website: facebook.com